Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Monday, May 21, 2018

Hanging out with the Greens


  • Yesterday MB drove me to Augusta for the annual Maine Green Independent Party convention where I was the keynote speaker.  Also in attendance was State Representative Ralph Chapman (Brooksville) who left the Democratic Party two years ago and became the highest ranking Green Party elected official in the US.  Chapman was a big help to us during our recent General Dynamics corporate welfare bill campaign here in Maine. He is a very decent human being.
  • I was impressed with two of the young Greens that are running for state representative seats in a couple districts in Maine.  One from a wealthy coastal area in Falmouth and the other from the run-down urban Lewiston in the central part of the state.  Each of these two women candidates are doing great work at trying to educate and mobilize people.  They brought tears to my eyes.
  • It was great to see Bob Klotz at the Green Party meeting.  Bob served as one of my medical advisers during my hunger strike.  He is a Physician Assistant in the Portland area and is a strong campaigner on climate change issues.  Bob is a rare bird among that species of activists - he recognizes the deadly connections between US military operations and climate change.  He wanted to review my current medical condition and had some advice as I go forward with treatment for my current ailment.  MB and I love the guy.
Bruce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home