Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Monday, February 07, 2011

RAMBLINGS OF A SICK MAN


  • I am feeling marginally better today after spending most of the weekend in bed surfing the Internet on my laptop. You can see I went a bit wild posting various videos on the blog. What else can I do when I am sick? Today I have a bunch of work to get caught up with but my mind is not ready to focus so I keep drifting off and have to really force myself to keep going. Luckily I had long ago scheduled a doctor appointment for today to take my annual physical so I can have the doctor check me out real good. (Or is the proper word well? My friend and editor Selma will let me know which is correct I am sure.)

  • I did a blog rant (January 11) after the recent Tucson shooting and sent it to our local newspaper along with a photo of a kid playing with a machine gun mounted on a military vehicle. I never heard from the paper and figured it was rejected. But last Thursday it was in the paper as an Op-Ed along with the photo. You can see it online here (without the photo).

  • The Portland Press Herald ran a story in recent days about a Maine link to Frank Wisner who was the former U.S Ambassador to Egypt who Obama just sent to meet with Mubarak. He arrived in Cairo the day before Mubarak turned the thugs loose onto the non-violent resistance. As it turns out Wisner is the brother of a prominent Maine peace and justice activist. Wisner was on the board of Enron and AIG. See what Democracy Now has to say about Wisner.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Brother Jonah said...

Yeah, I caught that off the BBC feed.

"Frank Wisner: ‘This is an ideal moment for Mubarak to show the way forward’
Egypt’s President Hosni Mubarak “must stay in office” during a power transition, a US special envoy says.
Frank Wisner was speaking as protesters kept up their demands for Mr Mubarak to step down immediately."

Sure, sure, democracy, right, when WE are damned good and ready to let you have it...

Silly Sarah is spewing that she would have "handled" Egypt better, again with the notion that we have the ability and the duty to "handle" other nations.

Earlier in the week there had been some smack-talk about how it would interfere with "our" plans to deal with Iran.

Bolton once more saying that the time was right to bomb Iran.
All these Holy Warriors want to bomb people in the name of God... Why not just have Bolton buy a "suicide vest" dynamite rig and pay his own way to Iran, and jump out over Teheran?

Oh, that's right, me forgetted. It's because he's a chickenhawk and prefers to have Other People take the risks of bombing those who he hates and wishes condemned to hellfire.

I can see that the higher-up powers in America are every bit as much puppets as Mubarak. Because there's not one single chance that any of these morons could have gotten to the top on his own merit.

2/8/11, 12:12 AM  
Anonymous Brother Jonah said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling bad.
Don't get too riled up the next couple of days, not like you'll have much choice.

I just reckon there'll be a line of folks lined up around the block waiting to take their turns pissing you off...

2/8/11, 12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home