Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Monday, September 24, 2007

HAVE TO ACT WHILE I STILL CAN

Democrats are blocking efforts to impeach Bush-Cheney. They want to keep the crooks around through the 2008 election figuring that having them in place will ensure that Hillary Clinton wins the White House and that they can widen their control over the Senate and the House of Representatives. So when the Dems say impeachment is a "distraction" they mean it. Impeachment is a distraction from their cynical plan to ride the public's intense dislike of Bush-Cheney to power.

This is a despicable strategy as it ensures that the worst administration in the nation's history will be be allowed to continue to work their evil ways for some time to come. We all know that the American people are now being prepared for the Iran attack. What are the Dems going to do about that? Nothing. Let Bush-Cheney play it out the Dems say. If more people (American GI's and innocent Iranians or Iraqi's) die then no big deal. Political power for the Dems is job # 1.

I've long ago reached the end of my rope with the Democratic Party. I am now totally committed to supporting any and all opposition to the Dems on every level in 2008. In my free time I will be supporting any Independent or Green candidate willing to stand against the pitiful Dems who claim to be anti-war candidates but keep enabling the Bush pirate team's occupation of Iraq.

I've got to stand up even more and speak out even louder. I've got to be counted in this historic moment as our Constitution is being torn to shreds while the Dems cower in the corner of the Capitol building in Washington. I am very clear that if we are to be "saved" it will not be by a politician. It is now completely up to the people to save us from this slide. We either do it or we don't. I don't ever want it to be said that I was sitting on my ass during the most important moment in our country's history.

So tomorrow I will join a group of people who will deliver letters to our "liberal" Democratic Party Congressman calling on him to support impeachment. Some of us will sit-in Tom Allen's office demanding that he support impeachment. He's already made it clear that he is not going to support impeachment - even though he has told several key impeachment activists in the state that he believes Bush-Cheney "have committed" multiple impeachable offenses.

But Tom Allen has gotten his marching orders from the national party and he is running for the U.S. Senate seat now held by Sen. Susan Collins (Republican). Allen's strategy is to move toward the middle. He has a yellow stripe down the center of his back. He will talk a good peace game but fail to deliver.

I am not so desperate that I will just vote for anyone. I've worked as an activist way too long to give my sacred vote to any slimy politician who says one thing and does another.

No one wants to get arrested. No one wants to go to jail. But sometimes you have to stand up and be real. I feel that I have no other choice. I can't wait for everyone else to turn things around. I have to act now, while I still can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home