Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Thursday, April 14, 2005

BLOWING IN THE WIND

On my way to the post office this morning I noticed a neighbor woman using an electric blower to push the leaves in her yard out into the street. (I always think of oil power plants and nuclear power plants when I see these leaf blowers. What ever happened to the rake and the broom? No wonder Americans are fat and we are in a war for oil.) The wind is blowing hard today and in my rear-view mirror I saw the leaves in the street come flying back into the woman's yard. She'll be out there all day at this rate.....

I interview a father tonight on my cable TV show who has a son with the Vermont National Guard. The man's son was recruited to ski for the guard team. His son has a dream to make it to the Olympics and saw the national guard sponsorship as his ticket to the big time. Unfortunately, instead of going to the Olympics he is soon to be deployed to Iraq. Right now the young man is in Mississippi getting "trained" for the war. He reports to his father that their equipment is sub-standard and the training they are receiving is also below par. His father has been trying to get the politicians in Maine to help but even though they have recently voted for another $82 billion for the war - they are not very interested in the situation. We have a war to win for global democracy!!!!! Enough of that small stuff!!!!

My last bit is some good news. Last night was a sports lovers paradise for me. On one channel I watched my favorite basketball team, the Washington Wizards, clinch a play-off spot and then on another channel I was watching my favorite baseball team, the Baltimore Orioles, win a game. I rarely get to see either team on TV at all, so last night was a double wonder. So there I was with my popcorn and beer......Should I feel guilty that I was having so much fun at a time like this? My one escape from the insanity of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home